So, you know how I said back in November that I was aiming to post about once a week? Let's forget I ever mentioned that. ;)
I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but I finally started substitute teaching a few months ago on the days I'm not working at my office job. I was nervous to go down to part time since guest teaching isn't exactly the most reliable job out there, but anyway, I did it and I'm glad. Mostly I've been subbing for elementary grades, but I have had a few middle school jobs, as well. Anyway, I love it (yes, even the middle school ones)! It's so nice that even though I haven't scored a real teaching job, I still get to do what I am passionate about, even if it's just a couple days a week. Not only is it fun, but it's so rewarding and each time I am reminded of the reason I love this profession. It's even worth it if I get stuck with one (or more) of those rude and uncooperative students that all guest teachers secretly fear meeting. I am super excited because Erika, the teacher I worked under while I was student teaching, is expecting her first baby at the end of February, and asked if I would be her long-term sub. It'll be a long drive, but the experience will totally be worth it. I can't wait!
Within the past couple weeks or so, J has gone on a major health kick... when I asked him what he wanted to have for dinner this afternoon, he said, "Something healthy and good." Haha! We ended up having salad, sweet potatoes (YUM!), and fish for dinner today. Anyway, this is sort of exciting because getting Justin to eat healthy foods used to be a bit of a challenge. I would literally have to trick or force him to eat veggies at dinner, unless they were covered in a cheese sauce of course. So, needless to say, I am pretty stoked about this... the past few months have not been kind to my figure, and I need to fit into a cute little bridesmaids dress by July, so I'm hoping this sticks.
I know I already did a New Years post, but I never actually made any resolutions... here are some of my goals for this year:
1. Be healthier... I'm going to concentrate on eating healthy and getting some sort of exercise somewhat regularly. I have a great yoga DVD and I just got Jillian's 30 day Shread so I would like to find time to implement those into my schedule at least a few times a week. Hopefully J doesn't mind me taking over the TV and livingroom.
2. Be more spiritually focused.
3. Re-organize my teacher things.
4. Be better at keeping up with housework. (I'm a major procrastinator when it comes to all things relating to cleaning... it doesn't help that J is also lazy and his way of helping is telling me not to worry about it right now and asking me to cuddle with him on the couch. Anyway, so I procrastinate until it grosses me out and I go on a cleaning-craze that takes hours and hours out of my busy schedule. Super fun!)
5. Blog more... I think I put too much pressure on myself to write something good or meaningful, so then I just don't do it at all. I'm resolving to write for me, not for anyone else. So, if you get bored with or are unimpressed with my blogging, feel free to navigate elsewhere. <3
Alright, I'm going to get ready for bed. :)