Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I just (tried to) make a pretzel jello dessert and as it is setting in the fridge, I am keeping my fingers crossed that I didn't completely screw it up. I'm a little pissed about it... I followed the recipe that I got online, a recipe that had 4 stars and great reviews, and I'm pretty sure that it looks all wrong! I think the jello went straight to the bottom of the pan and now the pretzel crust is turning to mush (Super! Who doesn't LOVE soggy pretzels!? Oh, yeah, most people...).

And so, I'm slightly hesitant to bring it over to my parents' house as our contribution to the Thanksgiving feast that will commence in about 4 hours. Maybe I'll try to cut out a square and taste it before we leave... Yeah, that's how I'll decide.

So that's how my great Thanksgiving morning began going downhill. But then it hit me... who cares? It's pretzel jello. If it sucks, we wont bring it over. Or maybe we will and no one will eat their serving. Yes, wasting the $8 to buy the ingredients I didn't have in the kitchen could be a little frustrating, but overall, it's no big deal. At least I had the $8 to spare, right?


Sometimes I get so caught up in all the crappy things that happen that I forget about all the awesome things that I have to be thankful for (Scratch that... it's probably way more than sometimes). And so, I have decided that I'm going to really try to be grateful for what I've got, instead of annoyed at what I don't.

I'm thankful for my wonderful husband.

I'm thankful for my sister, and her sweet baby girl.

I'm thankful for my awesome friends.

I'm thankful for my family. 

I'm thankful for my job(s).

I'm thankful for my husband's job!

I'm thankful for our home, even on days when it feels nothing less than tiny and inconvenient.

I'm thankful that I've got food in the fridge and clothes in my closet (and, lets be honest, clothes on the chair in my bedroom.. sorry J!).

I'm thankful for every gift God has blessed me with. And I'm thankful that He is always there, with his arms open, full of love and grace, because only He knows how much I need it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment love makes me smile. :)