Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I'd like a Time-Turner for my birthday, please.

Time and the hour run through the roughest day. ~ William Shakespeare


I have been feeling so stressed and crunched for time the past couple months. There have been few days that I have gone to bed at a decent time and have not left something to be done for another day. The wheels in my head can't seem to turn off quickly enough so I can't fall sleep unless I lay there for an hour, and my alarm literally does nothing to wake me in the morning. It sucks too, because I have those really weird, vivid dreams that make you restless, and it doesn't feel like I'm in that good deep-sleep mode until it's time to get up in the morning.

It seems like as soon as I feel caught up and decide that I can afford to just relax and "waste time" watching tv, browsing blogs (side note - Check out Suri's Burn Book... it's the perfect dose of celeb gossip and wit. If you enjoy mocking the tabloids, this tumbler is for you!) & online articles or perusing FB, I look around and the house is a mess or I have a ton of lesson plans to catch up on.

We went on a wonderful vacation with Justin's family for Spring Break, and it felt so good to have no obligations. I read 3 books for fun that week... three books! For FUN! I sooo missed that! Anyway, we basically hit the ground running when we came home, and it took me two weeks to finally finish unpacking the last of our suitcases.

The to-do list is never-ending and I'm not sure what to do about it. There isn't really that much that I could remove from my plate, and I'm really sucking at the whole self-discipline and time-management thing. I always end up justifying the time I take to just relax or zone out, and my reasoning is usually not that far-fetched-- a girl deserves a little while to snuggle with her husband on the couch or clear her head, doesn't she?

I just feel like there aren't enough hours in the day for me to do a good job at work, keep a semi-clean house, cook dinners, make lunches, and maintain my sanity. I'm always having to choose to neglect something in order to take care of something else.... and it's always a tough choice because everything carries just enough weight to make the next day a bit more stressful. And I feel like I'm always sacrificing my relationships and sanity in order to take care of things for work or the house or something else that is much less satisfying than spending time with a friend or reading a book.

Hey, Hermione, could you please lend me your Time-Turner until I get my own? Mmkay, thanks! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment love makes me smile. :)