Monday, August 27, 2012

Crazy morning!!

This is how my day started:
 
8:00 - Wake up (late) for work... quickly get ready
 
8:30(ish?) - Stare at Bradley Cooper on The Today Show.... *le sigh*
 
8:35 Make a mental note: Must. See. Bradley. Cooper. Movies.
 
8:45 - Leave for the office
 
9:10 - Get to work... Yay! No Traffic! Boot up my computer, and open to my new emails. Get ready to make some instant oatmeal for breakfast.
 
9:15 - Receive the following phone call:
"Hi, is this Claire?"
"Yes, it is."
"Hi, this is Michelle from ____ ____ Academy. I'm calling to see if you would be interested in interviewing for a 5th grade ELA & Science position opened up at our building."
"Absolutely!"
"Great, can you come in today, between 11am-4pm?"
"Umm... yeah, I think so."
"Tomorrow would also be ok, same time frame."
"Well, I am working at my office job today, so I will have to check with my boss when would be the best time. I will talk to her and get back to you."
"Great, thanks! We'd only need you for a half hour or so. My number is 123-4567. Let me know when you find out."
(Side note... this is the same school I interviewed at earlier this summer before school got out, but I didn't get the job then. Apparently someone resigned.)
 
9:25 - Talk to my boss about the best time to go. Decide to do it earlier and come back to work later.
 
9:35 - Call Michelle back. Schedule 12:30 interview.
 
9:40 - Google Map directions to the school & print.
 
9:45 - Forget the directions on the printer, and head back home.
 
10:10 - Get home. Print up a lesson plan sample, make some copies of my credentials, and Google "5th grade science ideas." Get excited that Ellen is on!
 
10:20 - Pin & read some 5th grade science ideas & activities.
 
10:25 - Visit school website and read up on the science curriculum, school philosophy, etc.
 
10:35 - Shower. Talk to myself about science instruction.
 
10:50 - Turn off shower. Realize I forgot to shave my legs. Turn shower back on.
 
10:55 - Get out of shower, finish getting ready.
 
11:25 - Leave for interview.
 
11:30 - Snag a late b-fast & coffee at Dunkin Donuts so my hands stop shaking.
 
11:45 - Chew gum. Talk to myself more about teaching.
 
11:50 - Low fuel light. Super.
 
12:10 - Arrive early & have a great interview (Woot woot!)
 
1:45 - Arrive back at the office.
 
1:50 - Write a thank you letter & edit 24,478 times.
{I went with email since I don't know how long it's going to be before they decide and before the letter would get there.}
 
2:30 - Finally email thank you letter & clock in to work.
 
 
Phew!
 
 
***********************************************
 
 
Well, I didn't get the middle school ELA job I interviewed for last week.
 
I was so frustrated and discouraged that I would continue to sporadically burst into tears at random moments all weekend. I couldn't tell you how many times I prayed to find "my classroom" and to be at peace with whatever happens... I know that God's timing isn't my own, but it's just so hard to accept!
 
So, that phone call this morning was a welcome surprise, even though it was a little crazy... On the plus side, I didn't have time to stew and stress beforehand, so I think that was helpful.
 
I'm praying that this is where I am supposed to be next year. It's a brand new school and it's philosophy is nearly identical to mine. I'm trying hard not to think about it though, because neither getting excited nor preparing for a let-down have helped thus far.
 
Keep your fingers crossed for me, loves!

 

4 comments:

  1. Good Luck!

    Christine
    Tales From Rm 17!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I hope this works out for you. A second person I went to school with got a Spanish job and I feel like it is never going to happen for me. :( We just got to keep our minds positive and know God will give us the classroom/school that was meant to be for us!

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, Claire!! They'd be silly not to hire you!!

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete

Comment love makes me smile. :)