Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Interviewing & WILW!

I know I already posted today, but I'm so stinkin' excited that I just have to share.......

I have TWO interviews on Friday!!! :) :) :)

I'm SOOOO excited. One is for an elementary teacher position in the district I currently work for as an instructional para. The other is for a middle school English/Language Arts position in a different district, which is actually a little closer to my house.

I can't tell you how grateful I am. Last week I basically had a breakdown because I was so discouraged and frustrated.

Anyway, I thought I'd ask you guys...

What are your best bits of advice, tips & tricks for interviewing? Whether it's interviewing for a teaching position or any other career... I want to know! :)


*****************************


I am linking up with Jamie @ This Kind of Love for What I'm Loving Wednesday!



I'm loving... that I actually have interviews this week!

I'm loving... that God answers prayers!

I'm loving... my sweet hubby for helping to clean the house... and helping me to keep it that way.

I'm loving... that we had some quality time with my dear friend Crystal & her soon-to-be hubby over the weekend. :)

I'm loving... my family's "top-secret" buttercream frosting recipe. On chocolate cake. YUM!

I'm loving... the new book I'm reading: The Nanny Diaries.

I'm loving... that I get to go camping AGAIN this weekend! It'll be our second-to-last trip of the season. Happy-sad.

What are you loving this week? 



8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the interviews!! I am telling you....good things come to those who wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I hope there are further congratulations to come. :)
    One important tip is to ask questions. When I go into an interview, I bring a small notebook and pen (something professional looking) with me. I have a list of questions written down so I remember what to ask. It helps me feel more put-together and shows them that you're interested in the school. Good luck!
    http://qualityeducator.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip, Beth! Our principal ALWAYS asks the candidate at the end if he/she has any questions, so I'd write a couple down ahead of time. I can NEVER think on the spot like that!

    I think people always want to hear that you create a safe and fun learning environment, etc. etc. and that you "differentiate" (buzz word alert) to meet the needs of all your students. Basics, I know, but important! I hate the general questions like "what would a reading lesson look like in your classroom," but we always ask them. :)

    Best of luck to you! :D

    Gayla
    Teach On.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck on your interviews!

    I am stopping by from the Let's Mingle blog hop, would love to have you stop by and follow me as well, and check out my give a way :)
    http://domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your interviews!! :)

    New follower from the blog hop! Hop on by: http://homegrownlove101.blogspot.com/2012/08/i-sound-like-my-mother.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Make sure and know something about the school. Go to the website! Use that information when you answer questions or ask a question at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, prayers for you and best of luck!!

    Have a lovely day! Stop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the interviews! give them your all! I'm looking for an education position too and am suddenly surprised and optimistic as some jobs have opened up lately :) buttercream frosting & chocolate cake sounds so good!!
    much love.

    ReplyDelete

Comment love makes me smile. :)