Friday, July 27, 2012

Veggie Skewers

I made a yummy dinner for our friends Friday night! Veggie skewers & burgers on the grill. And they were so good!! Oooh OOOO!

I always feel so accomplished when I cook something that other people like.

The veggies pre-grilling... they're on a white plate, not just on the table lol.

Veggie Skewers

(Serves 4-6)

1. Chop up assorted veggies of you preference into large-bite sized pieces. I used mushrooms (sliced in half), 1 red onion, 1 tomato, and 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 orange pepper. While you do this, soak the skewers in water for a couple minutes.  This will prevent them from burning later on the grill. 

2. Put them on skewers. I found mine in the grilling section of you grocery store. Be careful with the softer veggies... some of my mushrooms fell apart a bit. 

3. In a small bowl, mix together your marinade... I used 2 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil, 2 tsp oregano, 2 tsp garlic, 1 tsp salt, & 1 tsp pepper. It was delish. 

4. Arrange the veggie skewers on a plate.

5. Drizzle the marinade over the veggies, or use a cooking brush. 

6. Allow them to sit with the marinate on for at least 20 mins. 

7. Grill over medium-low heat, not directly over the flame, until veggies are cooked through. 

* One problem we used to run into is that the ends of the wooden skewers often burn.  You can avoid this by soaking the skewers in water for a couple minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment love makes me smile. :)